August 26, 2007

Daily Munson Update


(NOTE: This is just a place holder article that I re-ran from the old site)The AJC's Chip Towers, who is doing a great job on this story, uses his blog to add some color to the Munson situation for 2007.

Anyway, as Hondo explains it, Munson has an “open agreement” with the UGAA and WSB and can pretty much do whatever he wants when it comes to announcing Georgia’s games.

“Everybody wants it to be definitive, to be black and white,” Hondo told me. “But that’s not the way it is. Right now, Larry’s saying he doesn’t want to do road games and that’s fine. But if we get to the fourth week of the season and Larry says, ‘you know what, I feel pretty good and I think want to go to Tuscaloosa and do the Alabama game.’ We’re not going to say no to that. Of course we’d want him there. So I think it’s going to be more of a wait-and-see thing.”

Across the Southeast, the Jacksonville Times-Union really tore into the Athens Banner Herald's John Kaltefleiter over his article earlier in the week.

PWD

2 Comments:

PWD said...

Test comment one

PWD said...

Test comment two.